Front Runner Events
This privacy notice explains how Front Runner Events (we or us) of 11 Axis Court, Mallard Way,
Swansea, SA7 OAJ collects, stores and uses your personal information.
We are the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned in it,
please contact our Data Protection Officer, either in writing at 11 Axis Court, Mallard Way, Swansea,
SA7 OAJ or via email at [email protected].
Collection of your personal information
We use personal information about you in the following ways:
- to confirm your identity when you sign up to a race;
- to consider and assess your application to enter into a race;
- to provide you with information that you ask us for and notify you about changes to our services;
- to publish race results, photographs and videos
- to provide you with information about other events that we think you may be interested in;
- to communicate with you in response to any request, query or complaint that you may have;
- to improve our website and social media channels to ensure that content is presented in the
- most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to keep our website safe and secure.
Your personal information may be converted into statistical or aggregated data which cannot be used
to re-identify you. It may then be used to produce statistical research and reports. This anonymised
data may be used in all the ways described in this privacy notice.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following information from you:
- Your title, full name, your contact details, including for instance your email address, home and
- mobile telephone numbers, next of kin details;
- Your home address, correspondence address (where different from your home address) and
- address history;
- Your date of birth and/or age;
- Your gender
- Your nationality, if this is necessary for us to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- Some special categories of personal data such as about your health such as any known
- medical conditions and any medication that you may be taking.
Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide us with the personal information we need, we may be unable to provide you with
our services or we may be unable to process your application to enter into any of our races.
Where do we collect your personal information from?
We will generally collect your personal information directly from you.
Keeping in contact
We may use your home address, phone numbers and email address to provide you with important
In addition, we may use your contact details to contact you to provide you with marketing information
about our other events which may be of interest to you. You will have the opportunity to opt out of
receiving such marketing information when you first provide your details to us, and you can change
your mind at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
What are our legal grounds for collecting and using your personal data?
We are required under data protection legislation to explain our legal grounds for processing your
The legal grounds that are relevant to us are:
Processing which is necessary to perform our contract with you. We use this ground for:
- administering and managing your account;
- providing you with information in relation to the event/s that you have entered;
- sharing your personal information with other payment services providers; and
- sharing your personal information with other service providers who assist with the
administration, organising and running our events.
Processing which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We use this ground for:
- compliance with laws that apply to us;
- to deal with requests from you to exercise your rights under data protection laws;
- notifying you about any changes to our terms or our privacy notice;
- communicating with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have.
Processing which is necessary for our own legitimate interests where these interests are not outweighed by any prejudice to your rights and freedoms. We use this ground for:
- administering and managing your account and updating your records;
- to test the performance of our services and internal processes;
- to adhere to guidelines and best practice under the regimes of regulatory bodies;
- for market research and analysis and developing statistics;
- for direct marketing communications; and
- communicating with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have.
Processing with your consent. We use this ground for:
- when you request that we share your personal information with someone else and consent to
- some of our processing of special categories of personal information such as about your health
or if you are a vulnerable customer (and it will be explained to you when we ask for that explicit
consent what purposes, sharing and use it is for).
Processing which is for a substantial public interest under laws that apply to us where this help us to meet our broader social obligations. We use this ground for:
- processing of special categories of personal information such as about your health.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
As we explain above, much of what we do with your personal information is not based on your consent.
Instead, it is based on other legal grounds. For processing that is based on your consent, you have the
right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details above.
The consequence of withdrawing your consent might be that we cannot send you some marketing
communications or that we cannot take into account special categories of personal data such as about your health (but these outcomes will be relevant only in cases where we rely on explicit consent for this).
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- Race entry platform partner
- Race photographer
- Race timing & results
- Race pack fulfilment
- Official race charities (Where applicable)
- Race medical partner
- Race licence provider and/or insurer
- CRM provider
Is your personal information transferred outside the European Economic Area?
Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred to, stored and processed by third
party organisations which process data for us and on our behalf. These third parties may be based (or store or process information) in the UK or elsewhere including outside of the EEA. As with many
organisations, these third parties may include third party IT platforms (including cloud-based
platforms), suppliers of administrative and support services and suppliers of other specialists
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being
accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal
information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your
information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
What should you do if your personal information changes?
You should tell us without delay so that we can update our records. The contact details for this purpose are [email protected].
For how long is your personal information retained by us?
We will generally hold your information for a period of seven years in line with regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances, we may keep your information for longer than this, for instance where we are
required by law to do so.
You have the following rights under current data protection legislation:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to ask us to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete
- personal information completed.
- The right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right ask us to have your personal information erased. This right is not absolute – it applies only in particular circumstances and, where it does not apply, we will tell you. We will not be able to comply if we are required to keep your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- The right to request access to the personal information held about you. This is often described as a Subject Access Request.
- The right to ask for your personal information in a reusable format (known as the right to data portability). This right only applies where personal information is being processed based on your consent or for performance of a contract and is carried out by automated means. This is separate to a Subject Access Request.
If you are unhappy with the way that we are handling your personal information, please contact our
Data Protection Officer in the first instance and we will try to resolve your complaint. However, you do
also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the regulator for data
protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/