We are committed to doing what we can to reduce the impact our events have on the local environment and in doing this we have launched our sustainability programme across all our events.
To help us, help the environment why not get involved and support some of the initiatives below:
- Use of electric vehicles for event logistics.
- Use of bikes to lead runners on the course.
- Working with more local and indigenous suppliers to further reduce our transportation impact.
- Medals are made with renewable or recycled materials.
- All wood used in medals is sourced from FCS-certified sources and ensures that the timber used supports responsible forestry.
- Removal of goody bags to reduce waste.
- Smaller size water bottles on the course to reduce waste.
- Mile markers are made from recycled materials and reused at all events.
- Reusable finishing tape.
- All water is sourced locally reducing the transportation footprint.
- Provide recycled bibs that can be disposed of with clothing recycling lines.
- All water bottles are made from at least 30% recycled materials and are fully recyclable.
- Donate any food surplus to food banks.
- Working with our supply chain to provide reusable and sensibly sourced materials across our events and ensuring that all event materials, signage and banners are reused.
- All our events will have recycling containers at designated points on the course.
- All events will have ploggers that will collect and recycle any discarded bottles.
- To reduce our carbon footprint by removing finishers t-shirts.
- Participants can choose to support The Seagrass Project (the UK's biggest seagrass restoration project)
- We encourage runners to bring their own hydration vests to reduce single use plastic.
- We encourage runners to car share, cycle or walk to our events, where possible.
- We share information to runners via our social channels and via email cutting back on print where necessary.
We know there is more we can do but we need your help!
If you would like to volunteer on race day whether it’s supporting our runners, collecting waste to ensure we only leave footprints then we would love to hear from you!
Get in touch with us by filling out the form below, and we will be in touch!