This race event participation agreement (Agreement) is a legal agreement between you (You) and Front Runner Events Limited a company established in England and Wales with number 08708091 whose registered office is at 11 Axis Court, Mallard Way, Swansea Vale, Swansea, SA7 0AJ (Organiser or Us or We) for:
• the JCP Swansea Half Marathon that is due to take place on Sunday 17 October 2021 (the ‘Event’).
For specific race enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
By checking the box, you are accepting that You agree to the terms of this Agreement and agree to be bound by it.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Event is organised by Us.
2. Your right to compete in the Event is dependent on You fulfilling the following criteria:
a. You must complete the on-line race entry form, giving full and accurate information;
b. You must meet the race entry criteria stated in clause 3 below;
c. You must agree to be bound by the race day rules as stated in clause 4 below;
i). By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions You have effectively signed a disclaimer to allow participation in the Event;
ii). You must pay the race entry fee (the ‘Fee’) in full; and
iii). You must have received an email from Us (or Our Agents) advising You that You have been accepted as a competitor in the Event.
iv). You must complete all of the required medical information fields on the rear of your bib prior to participating in the Event.
v. Participation in the Event is personal to You. You are strictly prohibited from giving away your running number, selling your running number, duplicating or copying your running number, falsifying or editing any aspect of your running number.
3. The race entry criteria referred to at clause 2(b) is:
a. You are over the age of 17 years old on the day of the Event;
b. You are physically fit, in good health and capable of completing the full distance of the Event (13.1 miles) within 4 hours and accept all the associated medical and physical risks with participating in such a strenuous and demanding activity ;
c. You have notified Us of any known medical condition in advance of taking part in the Event by completing the relevant section of the Event online application during your registration and We have confirmed in writing that (without prejudice to clause 2(d) and clause 15) You are not excluded from the Event on the basis of information You have given to Us (Please note that You may be required to supply Us with a medical certificate signed by your doctor confirming that You are fit to take part in the Event).
4. The race day rules referred to at clause 2(c) above are:
a. The rules governing competitors on the day of the Event are those of the UK Athletics Association known as the “UK Athletics Rules for Competition”.
A copy of these rules can be found at: http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules/;
b. You will be provided with a race number that must be worn on the front of your t-shirt and must be visible at all times during the Event. Before competing in the Event, you must complete the contact and medical details form which can be found on the reverse of your Event race number in case of medical emergency;
c. If You are issued with a timing chip at the Event You are responsible for wearing the timing chip during the Event in accordance with instructions given to You by Us. It is a condition of the Event that You cross all timing mats provided and are recorded passing any timing or recording points on the route;
d. You must not attend the Event if You have:
(a) Symptoms of Coronavirus (new persistent dry cough, fever, loss of taste or smell)
(b) tested positive for Coronavirus of if you have tested positive within 14 days of the Event Date.
(c) any of your family has had Coronavirus or has tested positive within 14 days of the Event.
(d) visited a country where upon Your return You must quarantine within 14 days of the Event Date. The exemption list can be located (https://gov.wales/exemptions-self-isolation-coronavirus-covid-19-html)
(e) if You reside in a town/city/village/etc where local lockdown measures have been introduced within 14 days of the Event Date.
(f) if you have been told to shield at home or are in a category that has been told should be ‘shielding’ or deemed vulnerable following governmental or medical advice/guidelines
(g) been contacted by a contract tracer from the Test, Trace & Protect (or regional/international equivalent) and been told to isolate in the last 14 days (or within 14 days of the Event ) due to contact of someone with confirmed Coronavirus.
(h) If You are or feel generally unwell.
e. You will not be permitted to take part in the Event if You arrive later than the scheduled start time of the Event;
f. You must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the Event;
g. You must follow instructions as given from all Event officials including race marshals, stewards and members of the medical team. Failure to follow instructions given may lead to your disqualification from the Event;
h. Race marshals, stewards and members of the medical team at the Event have authority to disqualify You from the Event and ask You to leave the race course should they consider that You are putting your own safety and welfare, or the safety and welfare of others, at risk
i. You must respect and follow instructions from all Event Staff & Management at all times during the race. If you are found to be verbally or physically abusive to Staff, Volunteers, Spectators or fellow runners we reserve the right to disqualify you from the race & ban you from future races
j. The use of wheeled devices or artificial aid by participants or any other person authorised to be on the course shall be strictly limited to (a) authorised and registered competitive wheelchair participants and (b) authorised course marshals on bicycles. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, Kangoo Jumps, stilts, crutches or similar/equivalent, unauthorised bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted.
k. If you are entered into the wheelchair section of the event, you are only permitted to use a self-propelled wheelchair without gears or any mechanical, powered or electronic aid or device.
l. No animals or pets can be brought to any event venue nor used within any Events;
m. Toilet facilities are provided at the start / finish of the course and along the course at various intervals and are for the sole use of event participants. Should You urinate or defecate anywhere along the route other than in a recognised toilet facility You will be disqualified from the Event;
n. If You are found by a race marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race You shall be immediately disqualified from the Event;
o. Any disputes arising at the Event shall be referred to the Event Referee and / or Event Director(s) whose decision shall be final;
p. Copies of licences for the Event will be available at the Event and can be inspected upon request.
5. Your entry into the Event is transferable, meaning that another person can compete in the Event under your competitor number in your place should you wish to Transfer. No refund will be made and there is a minimum charge of at least £10 (Plus admin charges) to be paid by the transferee. All transfers must be made no later than 5th September 2021. In the event You are found to have transferred Your race entry to another person, without following the Event procedure Your race number will be disqualified from the Event.
6. Your entry into the Event can be deferred. Deferment can occur once and must be into the subsequent event. No refund will be made and there is a charge of £10 (plus admin charges) unless otherwise expressly stated by Us. The deferral deadline is 5pm on 9th October 2021.
7. If following Your application to enter the Event You subsequently decide for whatever reason not to compete in the Event, You may withdraw from the Event, but You shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
8. Applications to enter the Event shall be refused when the course cap is reached, or if this is not reached, after midnight on the 13th September 2021.
9. We reserve the right and shall have absolute discretion to delay, cancel, postpone or suspend the Event due to extreme inclement weather or other extreme weather conditions, an incident on or near the race course or any other emergency or extraordinary circumstance (including without limitation in cases of riot (or threatened riot), act or threatened act of terrorism, civil or political unrest, pandemic or epidemic (global or localised – see Clause 11 for additional information in respect of pandemic/epidemic), sabotage, labour disputes or strikes, acts of governmental or non-governmental authority) death or serious injury of a member of the Royal Family or senior politician (serving or otherwise) or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that would be deemed a Force Majeure. Should We delay, cancel, postpone or suspend the Event for any of these reasons You shall not be entitled to receive a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
10. Should a major incident occur along the race course, we reserve the right to amend the race route and / or to lengthen or shorten the race distance and / or to stop the race at any given time prior to or during the race. Should this occur You shall not be entitled to receive a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
11. The participant acknowledges that in the event of a global or localised pandemic or epidemic of similar or equivalent nature, We may be required to postpone, cancel, suspend or change the Event at short notice, due to circumstances beyond Our control following instructions, directions or guidance issued by national or local governments or governmental departments, local authority or departments thereof. The participant acknowledges We cannot offer any refunds under these circumstances You can choose the run the Event Virtually or choose one of the options under clauses 5 or 6.
Should we have to postpone, cancel, suspend or change the Event for any of the reasons as covered by Clause 9 or 11, we retain the right to convert the Event to a Virtual Event. In the event of such a decision, there will be no additional charges and We will provide You with a platform to submit your time and we will provide you with a finishers certificate, medal and tee shirt for participating.
12. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your application to enter the Event in our absolute discretion (including without limitation if You fail to meet the criteria in clause 2 above), including any duplicate application that You may make.
13. Without prejudice to clause 7, clause 9, clause 10 and clause 11 We reserve the right to alter the date of the Event, alter the course route or alter the course distance of the Event.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
14. You acknowledge that You are entering the Event at your own risk.
15. By entering into this Agreement and by competing in the Event You confirm that You are of sufficient mental and physical health and fitness to participate and compete in the Event.
16. Save in the event of any negligent or wilful act or omission on its or their part, neither the Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to You for death or personal injury, or damage to your property or for any other loss of whatever nature suffered thereby whether during preparation for the Event, during the Event or after the Event.
17. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15, neither the Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to You for any actions of any spectators or any third party at the Event.
18. Baggage facilities will be provided in line with the relevant UKA guidelines prevailing at the time for use by competitors at the Event. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15, should You choose to use these baggage facilities You agree that We shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to your property.
19. It is agreed that You shall indemnify the Organiser and/or its employees and agents, licensees and assignees and sponsors and medical advisers from and against all costs, claims and demands (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of matters for which You are liable under this Agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – USE OF INFORMATION:
20. We will share data with our service providers and UK Athletics Limited and Welsh Athletics Limited to the extent necessary to provide services at the Event. This data will include the number of competitors expected to compete at the Event and any medical information entered against your race number or collected by medical advisers during the Event. By entering into this Agreement, you consent to Us using and sharing your information in this way.
21. We may also share your personal information (which shall include any fundraising activities You carry out during the Event) with associated race partners and charities. By entering into this Agreement You confirm your consent to our sharing of your information in this way.
22. We may also share your personal information with associated race partners and charities. By entering into this Agreement You confirm your consent to our sharing of your information in this way.
23. By entering the Event and in the event of a serious injury or hospitalisation You agree to the sharing of your details and condition (Data) between Front Runner Events Limited and the NHS, Hospital, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of Your medical care. Front Runner Events Limited will only be permitted to discuss such matters with the Race Medical Director, Race Medical Team, Event Management Team, NHS, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of you’re your medical care and those named on the rear of the race bib or Next of Kin You named upon entering the Event.
24. Due to the nature of the Event, You may be photographed and/or videoed at the Event. By entering into this Agreement, You give Us together with Our Event sponsors permission to use any photographs or videos taken of You at the Event throughout the world in all and any media, including in any promotional and advertising material of Ours or Our sponsors. You confirm that You do not object to Us or Our sponsors storing copies of the photographs taken or videos filmed for use in connection with any promotional or advertising activities relating to the Event.
25. Our Terms and Conditions are reviewed periodically, and We reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to review Our website so as to be aware of any changes. You agree to be bound by any modification or supplement to this Agreement that is published prior to the Event.
26. This Agreement shall be governed by English and Welsh law and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
By checking/ticking the box, you confirm that You ACCEPT these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them