With the 2021 JCP Swansea Half Marathon on the horizon, we wanted to help you prepare for the event this coming Sunday (17th October). Check out our top tips to help you get race ready for when you #RunSwansea.
– No new kit – Make sure you’ve used your running kit in your training runs to avoid any blisters and chaffing.
– Race number – Your race pack will have been sent to you prior to race day. Ensure you bring your race number (the timing chip will be on the back) and safety pins to pin it onto your tee/vest. There will not be a facility to collect a spare race number if you forget yours. Make sure you fill in the medical information on the back of the race number.
– Plan your journey – Make sure you’ve planned your journey to and from the event. This year’s race is an early start, and no late arrivals will be allowed to start the race once all runners have started. Don’t forget to plan your journey away from the event too.
– Nutrition & Hydration – Ensure you’ve had a good breakfast (something you’ve had before your training runs that your body is used to) and that you’ve hydrated well. If you’re running with a hydration pack, make sure you get this ready with the rest of your kit.
– Listen to announcements – The start of the race will be slightly different this year, listen to the announcements in the assembly area at St Helen’s to ensure you don’t miss your start. Always listen to the marshals out on the route, they’re there to help you.
– Start slow – Pace yourself at the start of the race, it’s easy to set off to fast when you’re amongst other runners. Remember how you’ve trained and stick to your race plan.
– Be sensible – If you’re not feeling well, please do not come to the event. There will always be other races.
And remember, DON’T BE A RISKY RUNNER – you must never wear someone else’s race number. You must complete the medical details on the reverse of your race number. If you have a medical condition, we need to be aware of please mark the front of your race number with a red x.
All of the Front Runner Events Team are looking forward to welcoming you to Swansea on Sunday, and whether you’re running your first race, running for charity, or hunting down a personal best, we wish you all the very best of luck. See you on the Start Line!