For the avoidance of any doubt, we hope to clarify the matter of testing for Covid prior to tomorrows JCP Swansea Half Marathon.
1. Firstly, we are exempt from the Covid Pass scheme.
2. We are strongly recommending that if you are participating you should take a lateral flow test and register that result on the NHS website. You may already do this through your work/educational setting but the tests can be obtained from most pharmacies or at the Race Information point located on St Helen’s RFC, Swansea today between 10am and 3pm.
2. This is also recommended if you have received both vaccines and the booster jab. This is not the PCR test that must be done by the NHS.
3. Once you have registered your result, you will receive a text message/email confirming the test status. If you test positive, please do not attend but book a PCR test online or phone NHS 119. Regardless of how well you may feel.
4. We are asking all runners to follow these rules so that we can monitor and hopefully prevent anyone testing positive from participating, risking harm to themselves and others.
5. If you do not want to take a lateral flow test, this will not exclude you from participating. However, we do want all runners to think of one and other.
We have all been through a torrid time over the last 18 months. We want to try and keep everyone safe. We are playing our part, as all staff/contractors/volunteers must provide a negative result prior to working at the event.
We would very much appreciate it if all runners would do the same.